Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review - eShakti "Owl Love Dress"

On December 10th I was contacted by a company via email called eShakti, asking if I was interested in reviewing one of their products on my blog (yes, before I did fashion blogs. I was already planning to start them in January). They offered any item on their website of my choice and I get to keep it after my review. Of course, I said yes!!

Let me start first with a brief introduction on eShakti. eShakti are a company  with an online website who sell custom clothing for affordable prices. They offer both design and fit customization for woman size 0 through 36!! Customers can easily tailor any item to their size, and you can choose from a variety of different necklines and sleeves for a small additional charge.

When I went to their website, I was instantly onboard! I immediately replied and told them I was in! Every dress was so beautiful and best of all - curvy girl friendly! After about a day or so of going through every single dress, I went with my first pic which was a "Owl Love Cotton Knit Dress". As I've said before, I have a huge obsession with owls so I had to have this dress! I wrote them back with my choice of item and my size and they said they would get back to me in a couple of days with my shipping info. Jane was the girl I was emailing back an forth - she was very nice, friendly, professional and easy to deal with!

On December 18th, just 6 days (and 4 business days) after my last email from the company, I came home from work to my dress waiting on my doorstep!! I think that was the fastest time I have EVER got anything from online so the shipping was extremely fast! 

 This dress is beautiful! Its a very soft cotton knit that feels amazing to the touch and on your body. Its very comfortable, flattering, easy to wash and a great addition to my wardrobe. Its a gorgeous navy colour with white owl print throughout the dress and a banded waist featuring red thread for just a little pop of colour. The construction of the dress is very high quality, and the seams are all very well sewn! The dress neckline is a scoop on both back and front, sleeveless on the shoulders, and midi length. I may actually get this tailored to just below my knees since I don't find any midi length dress flattering on my 5'4 tall body. 



Two additional details that I love is the fact that it has pockets and the underside of the shoulder straps has little loops that snap so you can snap your bra straps in place and doesn't fall past the straps of the dress.





As I said above, I was given this dress by the company so I didn't pay for the dress or the shipping so I can't say much about either but I can say this piece was $59.95 which is a great price for such a great quality dress. I would wear this mostly in the summer but throw on some tights/leggings, and a white or red cardigan and it could easily be worn in the fall, winter or spring. Dress it up with some high heels (or wedges) like I've done here, or wear it with flats or sandals for a more casual look. The possibilities with this dress are endless and you will see this dress in future fashion blog posts with some of these looks mentioned.

Here are a few more pics of the dress...
From the back: (shoes are Madden Girl)



Close up of the bust (with my little Swarvoski owl from my friend as a bridesmaid present)



A close up of the red threading throughout the waistline


And a close up of the print



Overall, I am very pleased with the company, the service, the ordering, and the dress. I will be ordering from this website on my own in the very near future and high recommend eShakti to all my readers, followers, and friends. So far, I've already had a co-worker order from the website after me raving about it at work (Hi Norma...I know you're reading this!). 

I was given the dress but not paid in addition to say nice things about the company. I am 100% honest and truly happy with my experience. If you are reading this blog post from a google search, thanks for checking me out! Please subscribe for more fashion, makeup, nails and reviews. If you any questions, please comment below or email me at apinkmua at gmail.com and I would be happy to help you out as best I can.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Much Love,
April 
xo

7 comments:

  1. How lovely! I love the length and shape, and not to mention owls. Gorgeous from head to toe, you look stunning.

    xo
    Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are the owls!!! So unique!!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter..
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress, such a fun print! I just reviewed an eShakti dress too! :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing the dresses on eShakti for about a year. My problem is that I can't just pick one! Glad you had such a positive experience. I'll definitely be placing an order with them before summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! The print is just adorable! And it fits amazing! LOVE IT! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, and the owls are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete